Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Happy Mardi Gras!


Today has been fabulous! Husband and I are fortunate enough to live on a street in New Orleans that has the distinction of being the starting point for the flamboyant walking parade "Societe' de St. Anne" - and we invite folks over every year to sit on our porch and eat breakfast while watching the street antics.

This year is Silas's first Mardi Gras - and here's a pic of my sweet'um sitting on the porch in his jumper - also known as the office. He thoroughly enjoyed the show and bounced away as the bands and people walked by in front of our home.

I love this little boy more than life itself... and I'm glad he is now with us to share days like today - a day of celebration - a day of good food - a day of communing with friends and family as we acknowledge and appreciate the most unique city in which we live - New Orleans.

Next year, when I can walk well enough again, we've decided that we will be parading with St. Anne ourselves. I can't wait!

1 comment:

  1. You must live in the Bywater...which is a great neighborhood...in the city close to my heart. I want my three year old (caboose child) daughter (who was born in October 2005 in Northwest Georgia)to experience the St. Anne parade along with the Thoth 'parade by daylight' uptown. She has her very own beads and a Mardi Gras mask...and a vague awareness of what all this means since Daddy has told her about it since she was a little girl. We are visiting New Orleans in October...the 18th-25th specifically so we can be back home for Samhain. It will be my wife and little girl's first visit. I've been back a handful of times since Katrina...mostly for work. I want very much to settle in New Orleans with my wife and change of life baby...this visit is one step out of many towards that goal.

    ReplyDelete